Vespucci is a collaboratively developed app for editing OpenStreetMap data via its editing API. The developers do not collect, store or otherwise process any personal data related to your usage of the app, you should however be aware of the following:
- Vespucci automatically adds an indication of the app version ( created_by changeset tag), the background imagery used ( imagery_used changeset tag) and the locale (language) setting of your device ( locale changeset tag). This information is currently visible to anybody visiting the openstreetmap.org website or processing changeset data.
- The vespucci.io site and the Vespucci source code repository and issue tracker is hosted on github (likely in the USA) the developers have no access to any data on use of the site, IP addresses or similar.
- Crash dumps contain IP addresses, detailed information on your device and log information from your device immediately before the crash. This information is stored on a server operated by Simon Poole and located in Germany, when you submit a report. The information is deleted after 90 days if it is not required further for issue identification and resolution, general web server logfiles are retained for 15 days. None of this data is shared with 3rd parties. Processing of this data is based on a legitimate interest of the developers see GDPR Art 6.(1) f).
- Use of background, overlay and other layers will result in you device connecting to the sites of the respective operators, more information on the provenance of such layers can be found on Editor Layer Index github repo.
- Using the Tasks layer can result in your device connecting to the OSMOSE QA service operated by OpenStreetMap France.
- Installing the app from Amazon, google or F-Droid requires you to access these sites and potentially submit personal data (at least IP addresses) to them.
If you have questions with respect to this document, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com